EpiShield Provides Growers with Ease of Use and Ideal Flexibility for Better Control of Mites and Aphids
Victor, NY, October 2, 2023 – BioWorks today launched EpiShield, a miticide and insecticide that is formulated for grower ease of use and delivers strong efficacy. Benefits of the EpiShield liquid formulation include 10-28x lower use rates than other oil insecticides, no REI or PHI restrictions, and strong efficacy against key pests. Lower use rates allow growers to apply large volumes of water to their crop without handling large volumes of EpiShield and significantly reducing the risk of phytotoxicity to living plant tissue.
With up to a 53% higher mortality rate compared to other oil insecticides, EpiShield is labeled for mites, aphids, thrips, whiteflies, and mealybugs in indoor and outdoor production. Working on contact, EpiShield results in paralysis, suffocation, and desiccation of target insects. EpiShield contains the active ingredients of clove oil, peppermint oil, and sodium lauryl sulfate. This proprietary formulation is ideal for spot sprays where quick access to susceptible areas is important.
EpiShield Product Details
- Exempt from REI and PHI restrictions
- Use rates 10x-28x lower than traditional horticulture mineral oil products
- Up to 45x less oil delivered to plants
- Liquid formulation with 12-month shelf-life at room temperature
- Excellent IPM program tool with no known risk of pest resistance
“EpiShield gives growers the ideal flexibility for dealing with their mite and insect pest populations,” said Technical Services Manager at BioWorks, Julie Graesch. “With low use rates, no restricted entry interval, and strong efficacy, EpiShield is an excellent tool for their IPM programs.”
Visit https://bioworksinc.com/products/epishield/ to access the white paper detailing extensive trial results of EpiShield. A few of the data points summarized:
- CANNABIS APHID ON HEMP WHEN TREATED WITH EPISHIELD
- Trials carried out on autoflower hemp, Ontario Canada; FarmForest Research.
- Low rate of EpiShield killed 74.7% of cannabis aphids after three treatments.
- High rate of EpiShield killed 81.9% of cannabis aphids after three treatments.
- TWOSPOTTED SPIDER MITES ON LIMA BEANS WHEN TREATED WITH EPISHIELD
- Trial conducted on “Fordhook 242” lima beans, Victor NY; BioWorks.
- Low and high rates of EpiShield provided >90% mortality of twospotted spider mites with 10-28x lower rates compared to the horticulture mineral oil treatments.
Product Availability and Geography – October 2, 2023
EpiShield is registered for use in the USA. Please refer to our website to see the most up to date state registration information. https://bioworksinc.com/products/epishield/
About BioWorks, A Member of the Biobest Group
BioWorks provides integrated plant health management products and programs to customers in the horticulture and specialty agriculture markets. We want your crops, your business, and your people to thrive. Our biological control and plant nutrition products help accomplish this by eradicating harmful diseases and pests that threaten crops, while reducing reliance on harmful chemicals. We go above and beyond to protect your crops, strengthen them, and improve yield.
BioWorks is a founding member of the Biological Products Industry Alliance (BPIA) and a proud sponsor of the AFE scholarship program, funding the ‘BioWorks IPM/Sustainable Practices Scholarship’. For more information, please visit http://www.bioworksinc.com.
Director of Marketing
Office: (800) 877-9443
Mobile: (585) 505-3687