Victor, NY, January 10, 2023 – BioWorks today launched BotryStop WP, a newly formulated biological fungicide that delivers superior prevention and control of Botrytis when trialed against other biological and chemical control options. BotryStop WP delivered up to 40% greater efficacy and even more in certain trials (attached white paper contains complete technical detail and third-party trial results or visit https://bioworksinc.com/products/botrystop-wp/) when compared with competitive products on a diverse set of crops infected with the disease. For indoor and outdoor use, BotryStop WP was developed specifically to address Botrytis in ornamental, nursery, food and medicinal plants.
BotryStop WP’s active ingredient, Ulocladium oudemansii (U3 Strain), has a unique mode of action (MOA) that prevents and controls Botrytis cinerea, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum, Monilinia spp., Xanthomonas and other foliar pathogens. BotryStop WP outcompetes the pathogens for nutrients released by senescing plant tissue and occupies the same ecological niche that pathogens like Botrytis colonize. Without causing any damage to living, healthy tissue BotryStop WP supports healthier crops. This also makes BotryStop WP an excellent disease prevention tool that can be used alone or in a spray rotation for resistance management.
BotryStop WP Product Details
- Approved for organic and conventional IPM programs
- 4-hour REI, 0-day PHI
- Wettable powder (WP) formulation is stable at room temperature for 12 months – no refrigeration required
- Compatible with many chemical and biological control options
“New BotryStop WP data continue to demonstrate improved efficacy for the treatment of Botrytis,” said Biological Program Manager for Disease at BioWorks, Michael Brownbridge Ph.D. “This reformulation provides an easy to use, superior resistance management solution for one of the most destructive diseases growers face.”
The attached white paper details extensive third-party, independent trial results of BotryStop WP (or visit https://bioworksinc.com/products/botrystop-wp/). A few of the data points summarized:
- BOTRYTIS ON RASPBERRIES WHEN TREATED WITH BOTRYSTOP WP
- Trials carried out on “Meeker” raspberry, Lynden WA; AgroSci Agriculture Consulting.
- Botrytis-related raspberry fruit rot was 50% lower in BotryStop WP-treated plants than in those treated with Captan 50WP
- BotryStop WP delivered 8% more marketable yield than Captan 50WP
- BOTRYTIS ON POINTSETTIAS WHEN TREATED WITH BOTRYSTOP WP
- Trial conducted by M.K. Hausbeck and B.R. Harlan, Michigan State University.
- Poinsettia bract infection levels were up to 55% lower on plants treated with BotryStop WP, significantly better than competing biopesticide treatments and statistically the same as that provided by the chemical standard Broadform.
- BOTRYTIS ON BLUEBERRIES WHEN TREATED WITH BOTRYSTOP WP
- Trial conducted on “Berkeley” blueberry bushes, Burlington WA; AgroSci Agriculture Consulting.
- Botrytis-related fruit rot was 27% lower in blueberries harvested from BotryStop WP-treated bushes than from those treated with Captan 50WP
- BotryStop WP delivered 2% more marketable yield than Captan 50WP.
Product Availability and Geography – January 10, 2023
BotryStop WP is registered by the EPA and 49 states. California registration is pending and expected later in 2023. Filing with PMRA in Canada is pending.
BioWorks provides integrated plant health management programs to customers in the horticulture and specialty agriculture markets. We want your crops, your business, and your people to thrive. Our biological control and plant nutrition products help accomplish this by eradicating harmful diseases and pests that threaten your crops, while reducing reliance on harmful chemicals. We go above and beyond to protect your crops, strengthen them, and improve yield.
BioWorks is a founding member of the Biological Products Industry Alliance (BPIA) and a proud sponsor of the AFE scholarship program, funding the ‘BioWorks IPM/Sustainable Practices Scholarship’. For more information, please visit http://www.bioworksinc.com.
Media Contact: Dave Spampinato
Office: (800) 877-9443
Mobile: (585) 505-3687